Friday, May 2, 2008

Ron Krasuski, Male Model

Ron Krasuski is one nice guy. I first met him when I was still working in TV news here in Tampa Bay. He was a fill-in weatherguesser and we hit it off right away. We had a mutual friend: Julie Bologna, now a weatherguesser and author in Dallas. I had worked with her in Altoona, PA. Ron met her somewhere else in TV news. It may have been Pittsburgh.
Regardless.
Ron, like me, no longer had TV work. I went back to shooting still photos. Ron is looking for/and auditioning for, modeling, commercial and other TV roles.
These are a few of my favorite shots.
The headshot is natural light, with a flat, silver reflector under his chin.
The fish net throw is natural light, just as the sun hit the horizon.
He's getting calls, auditions and has two modeling agencies wanting to sign him in St Pete. There seems to be more agencies and work for models and actors here than many people realize. If you're thinking about trying it, do so.
I'll be here to shoot your headshots and comp cards.
Ron has three different comp cards from this series of shoots.
That fact pleases me most.
The client/friend loves his photographs.
UPDATE: May 13, 2008: Ron has landed his first national modeling gig. Ron appeared for two days on HSN modeling for Suzanne Sommers' workout machine. I got to watch my friend working out on the machine shirtless while Suzanne and host Lynn Murphy "ogled" him and commented on his body. He did very well...looked quite natural and had a good time from what I could see. If you need a male model, please let me know. I'll gladly put you in touch with him, although after that successful gig, his day rate may have gone WAY up.

No comments: